Monday, October 6, 2008

Just Put One Foot in Front of the Other...

I ran with the sun this morning.

Although, "I plodded as the sun rose" was more like it. (That just doesn't have the same panache though, does it?)

As I ran,
I heard birds calling out their "good mornings",
inhaled the sweet fragrance of an unknown flower,
dodged cars as they rushed to their places of obligation,
reminisced as buses wove in and out of streets,
watched businesses open and employees clock in,
saw trucks delivering their goods to stores--

Watching my city awaken.
,

And as I plodded, I pondered...

how do people do this for 10 and 20 miles at the time?!

4 comments:

hepsmom said...

Sometimes you feel as if each foot weighs 50 pounds. Other times, you feel as if you have wing-ed feet. Why is this? Interesting observations. I think the way-long milers just go to a place and stay a while.

InTheFastLane said...

Some days I don't have the answer to that either.

HeyJules said...

Heck if I know!

Jenny said...

I don't know! I always shake my head because Meg says it makes her feel better, it makes me think I am dying!