Saturday, December 19, 2009

Looking for a Piece of Quiet

Tap, tap, tap.

*checking the keyboard to see if it still works*

So is life moving at the speed of light for you too? It seems all I've done recently is work and sleep and start the cycle over the next day.

I'm looking forward to Christmas. We are not traveling and as far as I know, won't have any company either. It will be a lovely, restful day. Can't wait!

For now, I'm just trying to maintain status quo. I've been reading every chance I get. (A practice I've had since I learned how.) I'm working my way through some Madeline L'Engle books. I have Wrinkle In Time and picked that up (and couldn't put it down) and that led to a trip to the library for Meet the Austins which I THOROUGHLY enjoyed. I wanted to BE part of that family!

Today will be full of going out and finding Christmas surprises and later on, seeing Christmas lights and sharing a bit of Christmas cheer with some friends.

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have missed you! Enjoy your quiet Christmas, and maybe we can meet up sometime during the holiday season!!!!

Dapoppins said...

I don't think I have ever read a Wrinkle in Time...huh!

Merry Merry Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Lady Em said...

I really want to read Meet the Austins. I LOVE A Wrinkle in Time it is by far my favorite book ever, I've read in over and over again.
This year has whizzed by, especially December, I'll be glad when it's here, but I'll hate to see it go.