Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A Novel Life

Wow.

If yesterday had been a book, it would have been a thriller with all sorts of plot twists.
There was the irate client issue to resolve. When I tried to deal with her Friday, there was no talking to her. I referred her (gladly) to my co-owner and tried to brace her for the storm to come. Except when she came in this time, she wasn't irate. She was rational and reasonable and will probably be a new client. Win?

Then there was the matter of my schedule which played fruit basket turnover. Last minute cancellations led to frantic calls to people on the waiting list which led to the 2 hour lunch that opened up shrinking to 15 minutes. (That's O.K., I'd rather be busy. But my tummy does have a bad habit of demanding food every so often.)




Then, my final client of the day, whom I looked forward to because I knew would be a basic, simple highlight, surprised me by saying, "I colored my hair a few weeks ago and I want to match it and brighten it up with some highlights."

Le sigh.

T'was not a big deal, in fact, it paled in comparison to some of the other doozies I'd faced recently, but it did considerably tax my last two remaining brain cells...

But in the midst of the flurry of activity and the apparent emotional unbalance of some people, I watched God pave the way and details fall into place.

But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him. James 1:5

2 comments:

InTheFastLane said...

those challenges are often an opportunity to see God at work.

Renee said...

It's never a pretty picture facing such days without Him who gives wisdom generously and without reproach! He's so good!