Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fearless by Max Lucado


What is your greatest fear?

Is there really a way to live fearlessly?

Our lives are filled with fears. Fear assails us from every side. It robs us of joy, relationships and many times people take their life because fear swallowed them alive.

Max Lucado's book, Fearless, exposes fear as a powerless ploy Satan uses to cripple a person's walk with Christ. Max reminds us in his imitable style that faith is the key to disabling fear.

Each chapter identifies fears we struggle with on a daily basis and dismantles each with reminders of who God is. Far from a dusty, hard to swallow lesson in theology, Mr. Lucado weaves his words in such a melodious fashion, you find yourself drinking in more and more hope with each turn of the page.

After reading Fearless, you too will be encouraged and hopeful to live and fear less.

4 comments:

Chigger Hill Cottage said...

I love anything Max Lucado writes! He is a wonderful author. Think I'll get this book for my collection.

Lucy Mills said...

Hee hee we're reviewing the same book! I agree with you that cultural differences are v interesting. May do a separate post on that (one day!)

It only arrived here a few days back so I had to sprint through it :)

Hugs

Renee said...

Hey there. Really cool book review. Fear is a strongly captivating force and in the light of it all, the Living Hope that overides any and all our fears can free us from our sin and our selves. Thanks for sharing! Have a wonderful kinda day!

Unknown said...

OOO this sounds good! I spent too many years of my life bound up in fear and anxiety. Being free is a wonderful thing and I thank my Heavenly Father for it daily!!!! Thanks for the recommendation, I will check this book out!