Monday, October 19, 2009

My Life is Thus

I run.

On the one hand, this is great. I've been getting exercise and working at being consistent. I've run 3 miles, two weekends in a row and am feeling quite smug and self-satisfied. During the week, I'm working on a MWF running routine with weights on TTh. Sounds reasonable, eh?

The second aspect of running has to do with life in general. Weekday mornings start with my early morning jaunt to the gym, then the "game" of beat the clock begins. Rousting a child from bed, packing her lunch, breakfast, clothes, teeth brushing and practically shoving her and her dad out the door to school feels like a day's work in itself! Usually there's a small window of time left to get myself ready and to work. I'm growing frustrated/coming to terms with the fact that other things I love/enjoy have fallen to the bottom of the priority list.

Every now and again, I'll snatch at something I love (like blog writing) grabbing a small piece and wondering how long it will be before I get a more satisfying creative meal.

Until then..

2 comments:

InTheFastLane said...

I sooooo hear you. My time to my self has been severely limited. And my mornings? Can we just skip mornings?

Sarah said...

Yeah, that's the story of our lives as mothers/wives, isn't it? Thank heavens we have each other to give comfort and encouragement. :) So, until that day comes when I will have all the time in the world, I will strive to live each day to the fullest and enjoy life's distractions.