Thursday, June 3, 2010

I Went Down Deep...

Memorial Day weekend found me and my family traveling with friends.

Sounds lovely. Especially since my friend volunteered her 15 year old daughter to help watch my daughter.

I began picturing myself languishing about and alternately living it up like Don King.

Then Jean says, "Oh, and bring your machete."

WHAT?!! Where are these people taking me??!!

Turns out, we were headed deep into the woods of Alabama.



Creek behind Hezzy House
Hezzy House backview
Hezzy House frontview


No. My side is not hurting me. (Unless you count the machete
poking me in the ribs.)
BTW: That machete wouldn't cut hot butter. Nor would it bruise
the leaf of a briar bush.

But it pains me to think about it, apparently...
To be continued...

1 comment:

Tasha Lehman said...

We are going to Alabama next weekend to visit family. I don't think I'll be bringing my machete though. :)