Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Plenty of Nothing

Why is it I have plenty to say and nothing to type?

I have thoughts rattling around in my head like that little ball on the brick breaker game on my phone. But I can't seem to lasso any of them into a cohesive sentence of any substance.

I'm enjoying the quiet of the morning but that won't last too much longer. I have to get my girl up and ready for school. I can't seem to type for stopping to warm my hands on my coffee cup. And taking a swig.

I'm trying to immerse myself into the spirit of the season. For me, that means a quiet spirit in the face of frantic activity. I've been enjoying the Christmas music. Especially the standard carols and the Messiah. Can't wait to pull out the album. Yes the round black one that goes on the record player. With all the scratches on it, it sounds like Christmas by the fireside. It's awesome.

We've pulled all the Christmas paraphernalia down from the attic. It seriously needs to be reorganized. I'm trying to refrain. It makes more sense to organize it after I pull it off the tree and put it away again. But I so want to organize it and then put it up. Crazy.

What I want to do is stay home and lay on the couch all day and watch movies or read. All of us are coughing. We sound like a bunch of seals barking. My girl started it, bless her. There's not a whole lot to do for it. Maybe a little cough medicine here and there. Fortunately, we don't seem to feel too badly. Just a little pitiful.

Oh look. It was the reverse.

I had plenty to type and nothing to say.

3 comments:

Beadyjan said...

Oh well put!

Anonymous said...

Hi Angel,

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving me a comment. (I replied to you there.)

I hope you get a chance to listen to the Jim McClarty Theology Talk. Very good stuff!

InTheFastLane said...

I want to be on my couch too...