Saturday, April 18, 2009

Well. That was Anti-Climactic.

So for the last week, I've cleaned, straightened, tidied and generally freshened up. Because there are so many things that need to be done around our house (and we are in the middle of scads of unfinished projects) I am always self-conscious to have company. I girded up my courage in preparation for the family visit.

They arrived a little after 9pm last night. We visited for about an hour and a half then B&SinL went on to a motel I had reserved for them (I didn't have enough beds to go around an I don't think all the blankets in the world would soften a concrete floor.) and the two girls spent the night with us on an air mattress.

This morning we all met up for my girl's soccer game and after that, they were gone. The visit lasted 15 hours.

1 1/2 hours of it, the adults were actually, physically in my house.

That was so not worth the week of freak I did.

1 comment:

InTheFastLane said...

However...now your house is clean...right?