Sunday, April 12, 2009

They Had Easter Without Me.

This has perhaps been the my most unusual Easter to date.

I woke up this morning with a general feeling of malaise. Since my mind was on the cross of Christ, I imagined a cross shape in my head; my stuffy ears and sinuses intersecting with the soreness of my throat.

Perhaps the best thing for me was laying around on the couch all day surrounded by blankets and pillows, reading material and my laptop. I got off the couch long enough to eat odd pairings of things occasionally. Like a cheese and jelly sandwich, an egg sandwich, and an apple filled with cinnamon and brown sugar. With a slice of cheese on top. Oh, and macaroni and cheese crackers. (Throughout the day...not all in one sitting!)

I found some great blogs and sites like:
Craft Gossip
Blog Catalog
Artsy Mama
The Crafty Apple (she's a cutie-love her headband in her profile pic!)
gibbous fashion advante garde fashion. Incredibly cool.

And because a friend asked me to write a poem for her for a book she's working on, I discovered (much to my relief) RhymeZone rhyming dictionary and thesaurus.

I did manage to wash the inside of a few of my windows in a carry over from yesterday's spring cleaning. My husband had an obligation come up Saturday morning that took him till early afternoon. Then he took our girl to Books a Million. (She loves playing with Thomas the Train.) They left around 5 and were gone a scant two hours. She decided she was much too excited about dyeing eggs to have much time for Thomas that night.

Sigh.

I made some progress. I guess I must be satisfied with what I did accomplish and not dwell on what still needs to be done.

It is what it is.

Company's coming.

Ready or not.

1 comment:

Dapoppins said...

It is with it is. I can so live with that.