Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Living Life 30 Minutes At the Time

*SIGH*

That about sums it up for me right now.

I find myself distracting myself with inane things, raising procrastination to a fine art.

I'm tired.

I'm burnt out.

I'm overwhelmed just thinking of all that needs to be done and frustrated that I can't get it done quickly.

I'm very impatient.

I find myself with the mindset of "let's get this done and get on to the next thing". Perhaps my job feeds that mindset. Every 30 minutes, I'm doing a color or a haircut. My job is wonderful. I love the variety and creativity of it.

But real life is not always that interesting.

There are projects around my house that are more mundane and won't be done handily in a 30 minute window.

Neither, apparently, will they be done in the space of a weekend.

I've found that a weekend holds just enough time to "get ready" to do a project, but not enough time to actually complete anything.

So I'm gearing up for...HOUSE CAMP '09.

This year for vacation I will accomplish several things--I hope.

1. Rest. No getting up at the crack of dawn and scrambling to the gym and then on through my day.

2. Plan. Map out the projects I have and break them down into manageable sections. (Preferably in 30 minute windows.)

3. Progress. Be able to look back at the end of the week and feel good at what's been accomplished.

4. PLAY. REMEMBER THAT I'M ON VACATION, FOR PETE'S SAKE!!

Now I'm going to go figure out how to procrastinate my procrastinating!

1 comment:

Jamie Lott said...

Are you sure I didn't write this?! This is exactly how I feel. You should see my house right now. I'm in the middle of 4 or 5 different projects, the bathrooms need cleaning, the floors, a scrubbing and planning a birthday party for a child that cannot possibly be about to turn 6!!! AND it all has to get done before school starts in less than 3 weeks!

Don't be teasin me about a trade! I got black roots to the middle of my head right now! LOL I would be happy to teach you all I've learned. You would love it!

Btw, I've been meaning to come by and tell you thank you for your sweet comment on my Regarding Jamie post. I feel that same way about you!

Jamie