Thursday, June 5, 2008

From Overhauling to Overwhelmed

Gosh, I feel I haven't talked to you in soooo long. I've just posted info so you'd know I'm alive.
For some reason it feels life is really busy right now. I don't know that it's busier than usual, but I'm tired.

From my last pics, you can see that I began my closet project. It all started with that trip to Florida. While I was away, the hubby began to play. So to speak.

He rented a storage unit with the idea "let's practically move out of the house so the house will be decluttered and go through the stuff at the storage unit."

Yeah, but, 90 DOLLARS FOR A CLIMATE CONTROLLED STORAGE UNIT?!

My idea was more, I don't know... FREE and involved piles of stuff in the front yard. What we couldn't go through, we'd just post a sign and let people have.

Unfortunately for me, as far as being right goes, my hubby was kind of right and the living room looks a lot bigger and I really don't miss anything out of it at this point. (He mostly carted off books and cd's) Except on Wednesday morning, I miss the t.v. I like to work out to a dvd on Weds. He took the t.v. away so he wouldn't be distracted while he was working that weekend. I hardly watch it and fall asleep when I do. And the living room looks bigger without it.

Anyway, what with all this organizational posturing that we've been doing. (Which means sometimes making a bigger mess going through stuff than we had before we started) I decided to tackle the closet. I'm not talking let's go through some clothes cleaning out the closet, I'm talking take it to the bare walls and start over.

So I have.

Last weekend was the painting and go to Lowe's and stand and consider the closet organizational options. Gasp at the cost it will take to get all that you need to kit out the closet to look like the beautiful promotional picture. Realize if you do much less than that you'll have a closet rod and a few shelves. Decide to by it about a piece or two at the time.

Realize your bedroom looks like a department store threw up in it. And it's going to be that way for awhile.

Sigh and consider moving to a nudist colony.

3 comments:

HeyJules said...

Isn't it amazing what all we stash in our homes? I've decluttered every year for the past four and I'm STILL overloaded with "stuff."

InTheFastLane said...

Good Luck!!! That sounds like quite a project!

Bebe said...

Hey girl,
When you get finished cleaning out, you can come over to my house and help me!! LOL :) Those storage places are so expensive, though. I hope you are having a good weekend!
Hugs, Bebe :)