Thursday, November 20, 2008

Window Shopping

So we are considering a "new" car.



I think half the fun of that is the shopping. At this point, the sky is the limit, and the qualifications are that it must be comfortable. Good gas mileage goes without saying. We currently have a Toyota Camry that is about 11 years old. I love that car. But the last time I went to visit my family, it ungraciously dispensed me on the side of the road for about half a day until my heroine of a sister drove an hour to rescue me.



Good times.



We are about to embark on a travelling marathon, of sorts, this holiday season after going NOWHERE for several months.



Suddenly, Thanksgiving is next week and we are faced with a 6-8 hour trip. (6 hours if I drive--8 hours if hubby drives) I really don't know if we can get a new car, lock stock and barrel in the course of less than a week. But I can do some intense looking, now, can't I?



One of my clients is selling this. I can't believe I'm even considering this....what am I? 85? Of course, we could always go back to the Camry. Hmmm. Volvo? Perhaps that's a little more soccer mom than I want to be... Nissan's Altima looks fab!

Man, the choices make my head spin. Maybe I'll just patch up the Camry some more and let it roll.

Or not.

Ooh. Shiny cars...

1 comment:

hepsmom said...

What's wrong with the Caddy? For the right price, I think it'd be AWESOME. My friend, Snoopy, has an Altima, and we LOVE it. It's the car my other teaching buddy, she and I do our travelling in. I wouldn't advise dealing with our local dealership; it seems to be troubled.

Good luck with the shopping.