Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I Think I Have a Problem

I really didn't mean to get up at 5:47 am this morning.
I was going to sleep in until at least 6:30, then get up and work out at home. Weeeellll. I have a cat. Actually, I have three cats, but just one was obnoxiously annoying this morning (as opposed to 2 or 3 annoying cats in the wee hours of the morning.).

Aside from the fact that my bladder was waking me up and I would studiously ignore the urge and doze off again, I had a cat walking across my bladder. She would perch on my shoulder. Then she would pitty-pat on my shoulder with just enough claw action so you Icould feel it. I'd shove her off and she would come running back, this time to scratch on the sheets. I knew what she wanted. "MOM! COME FEED MEEE-owNOW!

sigh.

Why must I be all things to all people?

Even the cats?

Tired of fighting cats and bladders, I decided it would be less work to just get up and start the day. After tending to business, (bladder first, cat second) I looked to attend to the next urgent matter of business: coffee. For some reason, I walked to my back door, (not sure why I stopped off there, it had nothing to do with the coffee pot) where I discovered a note to myself from yesterday reminding me to get gas and coffee. Well, I remembered the gas, or I would have never made it to work. The coffee however.... well, it's urgency got lost in work, employee lunch meetings and a scurry to vote after work before the polls closed.

Until this morning. When I went to the back door and it all came flooding back. I was ready for coffee and had none. What a tragedy! So I did the equivalant of going to Columbia and handpicking my coffee and roasting it: I drove across town to the only 24 hour store (that I know of) in town -Wal-Mart. Grrr. I really make it a point not to go into Wal-Mart for a lot of different reasons, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

It just goes to show what lengths people will go to get a fix for their addiction.

3 comments:

InTheFastLane said...

Now that is a tragedy. I have made emergency runs to starbucks in the early am, before. I too have a problem.

Crystal Gable said...

I think it's time for an intervention.. ha ha. I know! I have to have my coffee in the a.m.

P.S. I tagged you on my website. Play along if you want...

hepsmom said...

The first step is always to admit that you have a problem. Looks as if you're on your way!

P.S. My hair feels MUCH better! Hope your week is going swimmingly.