Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Tiny Getaway

So shoot me.



I didn't go work out this morning.



I feel that scratchy, sore throat again. (What is the deal?) I so did not want to go out in the cold raining night/morning. I know I'll have to leave eventually to go to work, but I couldn't leave my warm cocoon. Not yet.



I did one of my "during the day get-a-ways" yesterday. Went to the library to load up on some books and took them to the "Grind" and ate a lesuirely lunch: baked potato soup, and their special chicken salad on a green salad with a pot of Earl Grey tea. I propped my feet up and perused a couple of my books. Bliss.

We booked our hotel room in Chicago. We'll be on Michigan Avenue and from what I understand, smack dab in the middle of shopping.

I'm just looking forward to a change of scenery. It's good to get a new perspective.

I had what I think is a great idea for a post, so stay tuned...I'm excited.

No comments: