Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sidelined

I smiled a cheesy smile all day yesterday.

Thank you for the sweet, encouraging, positive, receptive comments on my little ditty yesterday.
I am finding that I do love to write, but find I have to be inspired to write creative poem/prose type things. Otherwise, I'm pretty good about blathering on about nothing for awhile. My hubby, on the other hand, can write poetry non stop. (How does he do that?)

So, I get up yesterday morning, (at 5) with the idea that I will go to another exercise class at the gym. This one is "Bootcamp". It involves a lot of cardio, like walking the treadmill, jumping rope, jumping jacks, push ups...it's a real mix. I didn't go to it for a long time because it sounded really intimidating, but then I went and loved it.
Last time I went, part of the work out was to do big jumps from the floor up on the stage. Maybe two feet or so up. Well, I woke up rather sore in my quads from Tues, so I decided I couldn't bear the thoughts of trying that jump right now, so I exercised at home pulling out my trusty Leslie Sansone DVD to do the 1 mile jog workout.
So I'm jogging back and forth in the living room, (a sight to behold, I assure you) and suddenly my left calf seizes up like a cramp has grabbed it. I stop and try to stretch it out and get back in my groove. NO. OUCH.
Needless to say, I think I pulled a muscle or something, because I can't even walk normally. I looked online and it appears it will just take time to heal, so I need to take it easy.
Crap! And I was just getting going again!

The good news is, I will have a relaxing weekend.

We were going to my family's for the weekend, but have decided to stay put. I just need to stop, ya know?

One of my client's yesterday is originally from Australia and asked me if I was going to have hot cross buns for Easter. (It was a big tradition in Australia.) I've never had any, so she called a local bakery and found out they were going to make some for this weekend, so I'm going to grab some too! I'm looking forward to that!

I also need to get my girl a few treats and treasures and do an egg hunt with her. We're going to a friends house Sunday, maybe the children there can help me with the egg hunt.

I'm looking forward to this weekend!

6 comments:

yoohoo said...

Yoohoo IS Poetry.

Drink more of it!

Bebe said...

Hi ~

That's terrible about your leg ~ I hope you get to feeling better. You might try rubbing the muscle with a little Tiger Balm (they sell it at places like WalMart). It is like Deep Heat, except it smells better. I always use it when I pull a muscle or have an ache.

Those hot cross buns sound good ~ I hope you have a nice Easter!!

Smiles...Bebe :)

LunaNik said...

If you're cramping up then you may be lacking in potassium. Eat bananas. That should do you solid.

Happy Easter! (hot crossed buns...mmmmm, sounds yummy!)

Jenny said...

I haven't ever had hot crossed buns either, I need to call our bakery. I'm sure they are good!

Sorry about your leg!
Jen

Crystal Gable said...

I'm happy to learn about the hot cross buns tradition. I love stuff like that..learning about other countries and what they do to celebrate. Now I just need to do a search on hot cross buns and find out what they are?!

Crystal Gable said...

P.S. I tagged you on my blog for a cool book meme.