Sunday, December 9, 2007

In the Mood

Yesterday was a lovely day. I really feel in the Christmas mood which is challenging for me when the temperature is in the 80's. I was determined to get a Christmas tree and put it up by day's end. Yeah, the estate sale tree for $5 was a lost cause. It didn't have a leg to stand on. (snicker) So I went to Lowe's and found a pre lit tree for less than $100. It was really easy to put together and has a floor switch to turn it on and off. Artificial trees have come a long way, baby.

That reminds me, I gotta get off my duff and make a spot in my girl's room for her tree. She picked out a white fiber optic tree. It will look so pretty shining from her bedroom bay window.

We went to a Christmas party last night. It was one of those party's where you only know the hostess. A recipe for disaster, but it didn't turn out that way. Yeah, a lot of people sat around in cliques, but perhaps I was in a magnanimous mood or something, because, we all enjoyed ourselves. I talked to a couple of people who were nice enough to introduce themselves and saw a client who isn't a client anymore. Pity. I like her a lot. I miss visiting with her, so we caught up a bit. That was nice. All in all, a nice evening. The hostess was phlegmatic enough to let my girl and a boy of a bout 8 or 9 to pretty much have run of the house which meant, the boy made himself at home playing with nerf dart guns and my girl learned a new game called "Fire!" I was so glad he was there to provide company for my girl. She had a blast. Thankfully, they didn't disturb the party either.

After sleeping in, I'm slowly pulling myself up into the day. I'd better get cracking if I'm going to get anything constructive done.

Lemme just get one more cup of coffee...

1 comment:

hepsmom said...

Hey, I found a work-around cure for no space between paragraphs. You click on the HTML tab when you go to create post. This is AFTER you realize it's jammed up together. Go in and find where you want breaks and enter a couple of times. It's worked everytime I've done it.