Sunday, December 16, 2007

It's My Party! I'll Cry if I Want To.

What I'm blogging about is not what I'm going to blog about. But I'll blog about that later. I actually had some thoughts today that have been crawling around, ebbing and flowing in my head of late.

**********************************************

I spent the weekend trying to fend off the creeping crud. I lost my voice Thursday night. It was gone all Friday and has mostly reappeared. I didn't feel too badly, fortunately, but that may have had something to do with my preoccupation of trying to drown my symptoms with spirits. I was inspired to make myself a hot toddy Thursday night and then, when I went out with Butterbean Friday night, I had hot tea with Jack Daniels and honey. Not bad. That and the wine with dinner ought to have killed anything! Now, I'm left with an occasional tickle in my throat that sparks a coughing fit that will bring me to my knees with tears rolling down my face.

Today and yesterday I have pleasantly piddled around the house and gotten some things done that have been seriously neglected. Accomplishment is so satisfying. I exercised today. Yea. Didn't run yesterday because of my puniness. Probably could have, but didn't feel like it. Yeah, at this point, I exercise just enough to say I do it and not enough for it to do me the good I want it to. Whoopee.

We planned to go to a Christmas party tonight. Someone at the gym in hubby's exercise class invited us to a party tonight. I don't know this person at all, but this lady from his class stopped by the salon to hand deliver an invite to me for all of us.
I'm not big on going to things where the odds of me not knowing a soul are 70% or more. I'm not naturally outgoing when I'm out of my comfort zone. (i.e. not behind the chair talking to a client while doing their hair.) Nevertheless, I need to be stretched, so I was going. Then, I started with the coughing fit and thought that might make people feel uncomfortable being around me thinking I had the plague or something so I graciously sacrificed my desire to go. (It's all about giving this Christmas season.)
Hubby, (brilliant man that he is) called ahead to confirm. As I was walking out the door to put freshly made and decorated sugar cookies in the truck for him to take with him, I heard, "well, I hope you get to feeling better!" I stopped dead in my tracks and looked at him. Yep, they all had gotten a stomach bug last night so there was no party after all. Darn, Now I've got a lot of sugar cookies (frosted and sprinkled by my sweet girl ) to eat. Knowing me like I do, I immediately divided the batch in half and walked it next door to my favorite neighbors. (You know, giving. Trying to make it a habit.)
Then, my girl and I partied with peanut butter sandwiches, a Christmas movie and sugar cookies.

Oh yeah, that's where it's at.

1 comment:

InTheFastLane said...

That's one way to get out of a party :) I hope you feel better soon. That same crud has been going around our house too. No me...yet.