Friday, December 7, 2007

Keeping it Real

You know what I love?

Of course you do.

Good, hot coffee.

Quiet mornings. Alone.

A computer that works at my bidding.

Interesting (to me) blogs.

I love going to your blogs and seeing what you are up to. I'm always amazed by you who come to read me regularly. It's hard to see myself through your eyes. It's remarkable to me that you find my jottings of work, home and adventures with a 4 year old interesting enough to keep coming back. I mean, you have your own work, home, life stuff. Why read mine? What in the world do I have that is remotely interesting to write about? (I mean, I like me, but then, I've gotten used to me.)


I feel as if a good friend is just poking her head around the door and saying, "how's it going?" This is the place where I really truly say how it is going. There's no standard answer of "fine" here. If I feel it, you know it. When I start whining about something, I can count on you to sympathise or tell me to suck it up.

I guess maybe that's what draws us together.

Encouragement!

That's what you do for me! (And I hope, I give to you.)

You encourage me. Make me thoughtful.

Hey....

THANKS!

3 comments:

InTheFastLane said...

And THANKS to you too! Have a great weekend.

Crystal Gable said...

I know what you mean.. I had never read a blog until 6 months ago and now I am amazed at all the creative, talented people that are out there, blogging away every day! It's so fun to have a sneak peak into so many lives.

HeyJules said...

It's so funny how this blogging thing works, isn't it? Seriously...I never thought I'd be saying things like "my friend in South Africa" or "I know three other women suffering from that" or "What she did with her kids was..."

What I haven't figured out yet is why some people's blogs pull us in and others we will read and think, "Geez. What a whiner!"

Yours is definitely blog #1. I'm so glad Stan brought us together.

Kiss the man for me, K?