Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Gotta Slide those Triglycerides

I am going to starve to death.

Yesterday, I did my Dr.'s wife's hair. She works in his office also. I asked her how long it takes to get labs back because I hadn't heard from anyone. She told me they were back and she had looked at it and everything looked good, but my triglycerides are a little high. (The bad fat that causes heart problems.) Yea. (By the way, she is a friend of mine also, so I didn't feel this was out of order for her to do. I appreciated the curbside service!)

Sooo, I need to cut back on carbohydrates and sugar. Up the omega-3's. Apparently, carbs make up roughly 50 -75% of what I eat, because everything I think of to eat is bread-like, potato-like or rice-like. For lunch yesterday, I was starving by lunch time and the food I ordered took FOREVER! In an effort to follow "doctors orders", I ordered a teriaki salmon wrap and side salad with balsamic vinaigrette. It was Delicious. I was still hungry after that. I need more food than that people! I scrounged up some pecans and munched on those throughout the afternoon. I had to stay late for a makeup demonstration we were doing, so by the time I got home....starving. Hubby - bless him, had heated up some cans of vegetable soup. (not my favorite) It was better than I thought it would be. Besides, I was so hungry, I would consider the doorknob at this point. I ate enough to satisfy my tummy and promptly went to bed. Now it's breakfast time and I'm in a pickle, so to speak.
What to eat for breakfast? I have bagels and cereal. Oatmeal. Maybe a couple of eggs. I'm going to have to rethink the breakfast meal of the day. I've always had cereal growing up. I'm not very creative when it comes to figuring out what to eat. I just do what I've done.

I bet if I really do cut down on carbs and sugars, I may very well lose this belly that plagues me despite exercise. O.K. let me dream anyway. It could happen.

AND....it's Thanksgiving! What am I gonna eat?

I'll think about that tomorrow.

3 comments:

hepsmom said...

Uncle Sam cereal with a little Sweet'n'Low or Splenda. Pretty tasty to be so healthy. Has flax seeds in it. They are high in omegas.

InTheFastLane said...

Without carbs, I would lose my mind. Pasta, bread, rice....
I have been going for the healthier versions, like the pasta with omega-3s and protein. It definitely fills me up on a much smaller portion.

Crystal Gable said...

sounds like you're on the right track. Maybe up your protein intake a little bit so you're not so hungry. Also I read the other day, women who eat 2 eggs at breakfast will eat 400 less calories later in the day.